ALTERNATIVE LEGAL SERVICE PROVIDERS
LEGAL DISRUPTORS & INNOVATORS
ABOUT THE ORGANISERS
ALWAYS FIRST.... ALWAYS CHANGING...
For over fifteen years Chilli IQ is renowned for its ability to raise the bar, delivering conference programmes of quality, relevance and value for senior decision makers.
The inaugural LEGAL MAVERICKS forum was created as part of Chilli IQ’s ethos for ‘always first .. always changing’ - keeping current with what is happening within the legal environment.
It is with consistent determination and fifteen years of excellence in producing events for the legal and corporate community that Chilli IQ has built its reputation and gained trust, becoming Australia’s leading event creator.
IF YOU ALWAYS DO
WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID
YOU WILL ALWAYS GET
WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT
Legal Mavericks will be a one day event where the fast evolving ALSP market will showcase what is coming next.
The legal market has gone through an incredible shake up. The introduction of the Big Four accounting firms entering the playing field and the rise of small start-ups, who are leveraging different business models and offering specialised expertise and trained legal judgement, has caused massive disruption to the legal industry.
They are flexible, implement rigorous processes, integrate project management tools and technology for ease and efficiency and can utilise alternative staff models. Traditional law firms will need to be savvier to keep up. The majority of law firms have started to recognise the potential of these new business models and a number of them have also started their own in-house ALSP services.
It is interesting times for the legal market and for an industry set in traditional ways, change is inevitable and moving with the tides, survival.
Legal Mavericks is the inaugural event for the fast growing ALSP market and its development and
influence on the way the business of law is delivered.
Times have changed for the way legal services are delivered and Alternative Legal Service Providers [ALSP] have made dramatic progress in the past two years. Their implementation in corporations has grown significantly with strong growth projected. It is not only corporations that are riding the wave but also Law firms are actively experimenting with ALSP strategies as they to their sophisticated services to more clients.
ATTEND THE EVENT AND BE INFORMED ABOUT THE DIRECTION THE ALSP MARKET IS HEADING AND ITS PROGRESS. THE LEGAL MAVERICKS FORUM WILL BE A DUAL EVENT
THEORY + PRACTICE.
It will investigate and hear from leading Alternative Legal Service Providers and the corporate legal market in the following areas:
- THERE IS NOTHING ‘ALTERNATIVE’ ABOUT ALTERNATIVE LEGAL SERVICE PROVIDERS
- DONE! THAT’S THE DIFFERENCE.
- TOP TIPS FOR LEGAL INTRAPRENEURS: DISRUPTING FROM THE INSIDE
- THE DRIVERS OF ALT LEGAL TO DATE AND INTO THE FUTURE
- CURRENT TRENDS IN LEGAL TECHNOLOGY: AI, ANALYTICS & AUTOMATION
- INSIGHTS & DELIBERATIONS - LETS DISCUSS
- DECONSTRUCTED SESSION - ASK ME ANYTHING
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
THIS EVENT IS RELEVANT TO BOTH LAW FIRMS AND CORPORATE LEGAL DEPARTMENTS INVOLVED WITH STRATEGY, TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION.
IT IS MOST RELEVANT FOR THE FOLLOWING JOB TITLES:
• LEGAL TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS
• HEADS OF LEGAL TECHNOLOGY
• ALT MANAGERS
• IN-HOUSE LEGAL TEAMS
• CORPORATE COUNSEL
FOR ALL ALTERNATIVE LEGAL SERVICE PROVIDERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO SHOWCASE THEIR FIRM EMAIL:
WHO YOU WILL HEAR FROM
THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE HAVE BEEN INVITED TO SPEAK FOR THEIR OUTSTANDING WORK AND EXPERIENCE IN THIS LEGAL SPACE:
• MARK COHEN | CEO | LEGAL MOSAIC [US] INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE SPEAKER* VIA LIVE VIDEO-LINK
• MELANIE RYAN | HEAD OF CLIENT SOLUTIONS - ASIA & AUSTRALIA | HERBERT SMITH FREEHILLS
• ALISON LAIRD | HEAD OF INNOVATION & PROJECT DELIVERY ASIA PACIFIC | PINSENT MASONS
• PETER CAMPBELL | DIRECTOR - CLIENT SOLUTIONS | HALL & WILCOX
• REBECCA PHILLIPS | LEGAL TECHNOLOGIST | HALL & WILCOX
• MICK SHEEHY | PARTNER | NEWLAW - PWC
• PHIL SMITH | SENIOR DIRECTOR - EDISCOVERY EXPERT | FTI CONSULTING
• ADRIAN CARTLAND | PRINCIPAL - CARLAND LAW & CREATOR | ALIRA
• SAM FLYNN | CO-FOUNDER | JOSEF
• LACHLAN MCKNIGHT | CEO | LEGALVISION
• CHRISTINA PROFILIO | HEAD OF LEGAL OPERATIONS | MINTERELLISON
• MIRIAM RIHAMI | LEXVOCO
• MICHAEL GREEN SC | BARRISTER | NSW BAR
Chilli IQ has many years of collective experience in the area of creating and developing innovative conferences and summits for the changing business environment. This is not though what differentiates us from the crowd, what makes us unique is our modus operandi. We value quality and strive to ensure that every aspect of our events reflects this– from the choice of speakers, the venue and the genuine attention to detail.